A professional online presence has become the most important elements of any business. Smart devices and location-based applications have brought customers closer to their local businesses. Over 15 million Canadians use their smart device to access information on local businesses every day. So it is crucial that local businesses take advantage of this opportunity of instant and effective online visibility via local search engines and local citation sites.
Here are the top five online business directories where you could instantly list your business for quick visibility and a long term online presence.
Yellow Pages Canada:
YelloPages Canada is among the top 10 websites viewed in Canada. The websites has quiet a substantial amount of user traffic both online and on mobile devices. It also supplies its data to partner sites such as Canada411.ca thus enhancing an business or brand’s exposure in a local niche.
Though not a business directory, Kijiji is a free classified ads site for Canadian local businesses. Posting your ad on this site is free. Kijiji has a huge amount of user traffic and also has an awesome social media presence, thus proving its popularity among Canadians.
HotFrog Canada is an international brand operating in around 38 countries across the globe. The site has around 15 million page views every month and over 670,000 unique site visitors. You can add your business description and even create coupons that will be visible to the web traffic specific to this site.
Profile Canada is one of the most visited local search sites in Canada, connecting customers to local businesses every month. The user traffic on the site is considerably high compared to other online local search websites. It also offers a set of tools to promote your business online called the BOB (Better Online Business).
This directory has information of more than 20,000 business registered in Canada. CanadaOne was Launched in 1998, and has since become one of the most popular directories for local businesses. The website also publishes articles, which in-turn attracts more user traffic.
Businesses are changing and so are marketing methods.
The science of digital marketing has brought different challenges and opportunities. Animation as a marketing tool is emerging as the most cost effective and favorable tool that can help any business market a message, a brand or an objective.
The power of animation is increasing and it’s highly recommended that all business owners take notice of this innovative and emerging new trend.
Online advertising in specific is using animation videos to market their business with a touch of creativity and imagination.
There was a time when animation was limited to those with massive production budgets, but current technology trends has introduced new opportunities and you no longer need a big studio or access to television broadcast channels to create and distribute animation.
The three important benefits of animation in the digital marketing world:
- Animated videos help viral marketing & easy video sharing: Viral video marketing campaigns increase click through rates by almost 800%. 70% of people who watch online videos will, in turn, pass links for these videos onto their friends, hence making your content go viral.
- SEO and animated Video go hand-in-hand: Google owns You Tube, so a presence on You Tube or any of the famous video sharing websites such as Vimeo, Dailymotion etc, gives you almost 60% higher likelihood of a Google front-page search result. You can also add keyword tags to your animated videos so that the Google crawling mechanism works most effectively on your content.
- Exponential increase in conversion rate: 70%- 85% of people are more likely to purchase after watching a product animation video. On an average, people will stay 1.5 minutes longer on your website when engaged with an animation. You have a chance to grab their attention and communicate using a powerful mix of pictures, motion, text, voice, sound effects and music in a short amount of time, and all of this is possible through a simple animation.
There is a difference between live action video and an animation and the key is “Imagination”! A well thought of script with a marketing plan is important while creating an animation video. So always plan and prepare for production, and remember, Animation has no boundaries!
We at Small Business Pool, work with some of the most talented designers, script writers, 3D artists and animators from around the GLOBE. Our consulting approach helps you clearly understand and plan your animation video campaign. Our cost effective approach will help you achieve your marketing objective in no time.
For a quick plan of action quote, contact us TODAY!
Small Business Pool also offers project management and business consulting services to Small and medium enterprises (SMEs). The objective is to partner with clients to deliver customized solutions that create a lasting competitive advantage.
The tag line “Business-Web-Media” signifies the core areas of the services i.e. in the field of Business, Web & Media.
Business: Management Consulting & Planning, Strategy & Change Management, Digital Transformation, Human Resource Management, Statistical Analysis, Market Research & Surveys, Sales & Lead Generation, Virtual Assistants, Customer Service & Support.
Web: Web Programming & Design, E-commerce, Online Game Development, Scripts & Utilities, Web Plug-ins, Mobile Apps Development, Application Interface Design, Email Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Online Advertising & PR, Media Analysis, Web Analytics, Website Content Development, Blog & Article Writing.
Media: Graphic Design, Illustration, 3D Modelling, Animation, VFX, Presentations, Corporate Video Production, Bio Videos, Commercials and Viral Marketing Videos.
A video game is practically software that has art, audio, graphics and game play. Game development is usually done using the “agile development” method i.e. it is based on iterative prototyping, a subset of software prototyping. This process depends on feedback and refinement of game’s iterations with gradual increase in feature set.
A typical game development team comprises of the producer, the publisher, the development team, designers, artists, sound engineers and testers. The games go through development, alpha, and beta stages until finally being released. The video game industries is fairly volatile, similar to other artistic industries including television, music, etc and has a distribution methods similar to those of music and film industries.
A game development software or more popularly known as a game engine is the most critical element for a game developers. A game engine is a vital tool that eliminates a lot of technical aspects of making a game. So all you do is focus on designing your game and let the game engine do the rest.
Top 3 game engines:
- Unity: By far the most popular and widely used game engine in the market. This tool has a whole suite of assets, strong support, a good community, and it’s free! Another unique and awesome feature is that it allows you to play your game immediately in the editor.
- UDK (the Unreal development Kit): This engine offers a full-fledged tool that allows you to create games. It has some of the most state of the art rendering and animation integration. It includes a tool called Unreal Kismet, which is a visual programming editor that requires no programming knowledge to use.
- Cry Engine 2: This Game Engine has a full suite of tools that are used to create your game. It has one of the best looking graphics rendering of any game engine. It also included is an AI (Artificial Intelligence) system and custom character support built right in the engine.
There are times when we are interested in knowing about a service or a product. We get online or go to a store to shop for more information. We eventually get that information or see the product, but are not ready to buy. We think, we take time and then most of the times, forget about it!
Email nurturing is a way to connect with your current and prospective customers. It is like staying in touch with potential leads that are not quite ready to buy. According to a recent survey almost 75 per cent on inbound leads are not ready to make a buying decision. They need time to judge and understand your business or product.
Online marketing is incomplete without appropriate email nurturing campaigns. The reality is that “conversion” is not a quick event. It takes planned and tactical nurturing. No matter how great your service or product is, it is important to recognize the importance of email nurturing.
1. Emails that introduce educate and get you connected: This is one of the most important formats, as you just have one chance to actually catch the attention of your lead. Introducing & educating your prospects is a vital step in closing a sale. It is important to display your value, and tell them about the things they want to know based on their on- and off-site behaviors. Invite them to subscribe to your blog, connect on LinkedIn, follow each other on Twitter etc. The more ways, through which you and your prospect are connected, the better chance you have of closing the sale.
2. Emails that help them improve: Everyone is looking for things that make them better, as a business person, as an employee and also as an individual. It is important to send emails that target these personal choices and goals. Free offers are a great way to promote your brand and help prospects improve. Asserting yourself as someone who can make their lives better makes you their ally and helps establish the trust you need to turn them into a customer.
3. Emails that remind and re-engage: This is by far the most important of them all! It is more like, “out of site, out of mind”. If prospects have fallen off the radar send them something to re-engage them with your company such as a feedback or a survey. Worst case scenario: your prospect either doesn’t respond or opts out of your emails. That way you actually weed out the ones that are actually interested in your offerings.
In the digital marketing world, PPC, SEO and email nurturing go hand in hand. In fact, emails are the most important and effective nurturing mechanism by far. Emails help leads get more information to make better decisions and they need to be nurtured after the initial point of contact to eventually increase the conversion rate.
Affiliate marketing overlaps with internet marketing methods to some degree. In simple terms it is a way of making money online whereby you as a publisher are rewarded for helping a business by promoting their product, service or website.
In another different scenario, you earn an amount for referring a visitor who takes some kind of action – for instance when a viewer signs up for something and gives their email address, where they complete a survey, where they leave a name and address etc. So it is more of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts.
80% of affiliate programs today use revenue sharing or pay per sale (PPS) as a compensation method, 19% use cost per action (CPA), and the remaining programs use other methods such as cost per click (CPC) or cost per mille (CPM, cost per estimated 1000 views).
With the increase in online traffic, eCommerce and digital media, businesses of all sizes are opting for Affiliate marketing methods to make money as an advertiser or a publisher.
Also lately, affiliate marketing has been working well with bloggers, because it seems to work best when there’s a relationship with trust between the publisher and their readership, and as this trust deepens that readers are more likely to follow the recommendations that a blogger makes.
Albert Einstein was a theoretical physicist, philosopher, author, and is perhaps the most influential scientists to ever live. He published many scientific and non-scientific works and is popularly known for his explanations & research on the Quantum theory. He is considered the father of modern physics and has influenced many modern day entrepreneurs. Here are a few business lessons to learn from Einstein:
Curiosity is the key
Ask yourself this question: What piques your curiosity? What makes one business to succeed and the other to fail? Always searching for the right mix or the right answer is what drives a business owner. The pursuit of your curiosity is the secret to your business.
Use the power of Imagination
Imagination is everything. It is more important than knowledge. Are you using your imagination in your business? It is always important to remember that imagination pre-plays your future. Are you exercising your “imagination muscles” daily? Einstein once said, “don’t let something as powerful as your imagination lie dormant”. Imagination gives birth to innovation.
It’s simple: Time + creating value = SUCCESS
Don’t waste your time trying to be successful, spend your time creating value: value for your customers, value for people and value for society. If you’re valuable, then you will attract more business and therefore more success.
Through sheer determination and perseverance you can break all boundaries! Are you willing to persevere until you get to your intended business goal? Are you willing to be focused with a clear cut objective and mission? Do you have the tenacity, courage and will power to sail through tough times? A business built on the core values of determination and perseverance becomes the ultimate gainer in prospective.
Be more present
There is a popular saying: “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”
Learn to be present where you are; give your all to whatever you’re currently doing. Multitasking is a killer to productivity and innovation in any business. Focused energy is like burning power, and it’s the difference between success and failure of any business or business owner.