Infographics are visual representations of knowledge, information and data that use the elements of design to display content. These graphics present complex information quickly and clearly and express complex messages to viewers in a way that enhances their comprehension. Unlike simple images, Infographics convey a self-contained message or principle.
Modern Businesses use Infographics for the following reasons:
• To communicate a message,
• To present a lot of data or information in a way that is compact and easy to comprehend,
• To analyze data in order to discover cause-and-effect relationships,
• To periodically monitor the route of certain parameters.
Infographics are more effective than traditional presentations, as they give a quick, concise and comprehensive snap-shot of the information, data and knowledge. In day-to-day modern business practices, Infographics are becoming an important element of use in areas of Statistical Analysis, Business Operations, Digital Marketing and also Sales.
A typical Infographics would include the following three elements:
1. Visuals – Color coding, graphics, reference icons.
2. Content – Time frames, statistics and references.
3. Knowledge – facts.
With the appropriate combination of the elements, businesses can convey, analyze and present information in the most creative way. With the every changing digital age, Infographic are now becoming a part of everyday designing.